Welcome back to Make It Monday! Today I have a scrapbook layout from last weeks Memory Keeping Class to share with you! This one looks much better in person, and it was based on a sketch from Scrapbooks & Cards Today and PageMaps, but I can't find the original now!
Something I added was the bottom photo is actually a flip book with additional photos underneath with the ribbon being used to hold it closed. I wish now I had shot a detail photo of it! All you need it a bit of washi to create the binding for the book!
Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com
To make this layout:
1. Use the white background with the spotted print from the Designer Series Paper as your background.
2. For the top left corner, cut the striped designer series paper to a 5" x 5" square. Cut the purple painted print to 3" x 5", and cut the gold foil to 3" x 3". Adhere to the page making a grid, but leaving a space for the photos in the bottom left.
3. Trim the top photo to 3" x 5". Trim the bottom photos for the book to 2 3/4" x 4 3/4". Create a book with the photos using washi tape to bind them. create two loops using the ribbon trim and adhere to the back of the book and the back of the top photo to make a closure. Adhere book to the page to finish the grid.
4. Add 2 pieces of the ribbon trim approx. 9.5" in length to create the lines and staple in place (I used just a regular office stapler).
5. Punch the powder pink using the Tailored Tag Punch and the Rich Razzleberry using the Classic Label punch. Use the letter stamps to create your title as shown.
6. Adhere the wood star to the Rich Razzleberry as shown using the fine tip glue. Trim as close to the wood frame as possible, and adhere to the page.
And that's it!