Happy Monday! We were extremely fortunate to have Dale, the Canadian Demonstrator Development Manager attend our team meeting last night! I'll have more on that later this week.
This week, I am featuring the stampset, We'll Walrus Be Friends. I love this stampset, it's stinkin' cute!
When the annual catalog was released, this was on my must have list (possibly because we'd just gotten back from the Toronto Zoo and I knew I could make use of the stampset for scrapbooking!!)
Today I have a card that I had made for the last Little Stampers class at Shop & Play Cafe. This is a simple one (it was for a kids class after all), but I love how it turned out!
Cute right? And I love how the colouring with the watercolour pencils turned out!
To make this card:
1. Start with a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of Smoky Slate cardstock. Score at 4 1/4", and fold, to create a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card base.
2. Cut a piece of the Balmy Blue cardstock to 3 3/4" x 5". Adhere to the card base. Cut a piece of the striped designer series paper to 1 1/2" x 5 1/2" and adhere to the layered card base, approx. 1/2" from the bottom.
3. Punch a 2 1/4" circle from the Smoky Slate cardstock, and a 2" circle from the Shimmery White cardstock. Stamp the walrus on the Shimmery White circle in Memento.
4. Stamp the "Ready or not..." sentiment on a piece of 1/2" x 1 3/4" Balmy Blue cardstock. Stamp the "It's your birthday!" just above the striped designer series paper, approx. 1 1/2" from the edge of the card.
5. Colour the walrus using the watercolour pencils. I used the following colours: Balmy Blue, Basic Grey, Melon Mambo, and Crushed Curry. Use the Aquapainter to blend the colours. Work with 1 colour at a time, cleaning the brush in between (just use scrap paper to wipe the colour off until it runs clean. Once dry, adhere the coloured piece to the Smoky Slate circle. Adhere to the card base with dimensionals.
6. Add rhinestones using the Take Your Pick Tool.
Need the supplies to make this card? You can click on the product links below or go to my online store at www.lisahenderson.stampinup.net
Want more of the Good Morning Magnolia? Check out my Class to Go! There are three options to choose from! Registration ends September 14th. Check them out:
I am so excited to announce that I will be running the Card Cafe class at Shop & Play Cafe again this fall! The next date is September 19th. Registration is limited so don't delay. Find more information and register online at https://stampandcreatewithlisa.net/collections/all-products/products/card-cafe-september-19th-2019
I have a new class to announce! Fab Fun Friday Cards is now here! The first class with be September 20th at Shop & Play Cafe in Kingston. Register online at https://stampandcreatewithlisa.net/collections/all-products/products/fab-fun-friday-cards-at-shop-play-cafe-september-20th-2019
Join me on Wednesday’s at 3:00pm for a Facebook live at www.facebook.com/stampandcreatewithlisa
Are you registered for next month's scrapbooking class on September 26th? There are 2 time slots available, 1:30-4:30 and 6-10pm. Register now by email to firstname.lastname@example.org! Registration ends on September 20th. Find out more info at https://www.facebook.com/events/899151540275248/
Are you registered for next month's card class on September 26th? There are 2 time slots available, 1:30-4:30 and 6-10pm. Don't delay, register now by email to email@example.com! Registration ends on September 20th. Find out more info at https://www.facebook.com/events/137666040240662
Paper Pumpkin is Stampin' Up!'s monthly subscription club! These kits are always amazing, and seem to only get better each month! Go to https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-ca/sign-up/?demoid=2099167 to order today or to find out more information!
Need a weekend full of crafting and free of responsibility? Join us for our upcoming weekend retreat at the Four Points Sheraton in Kingston! For more information, go to https://stampandcreatewithlisa.net/collections/all-products/products/fall-2019-retreat