Welcome back! Today I am taking part in the Global Stamping Friends Blog Hop! This month, our theme is pick a bundle! Amanda challenged us to pick our favourite bundle and use it to create a project - a card, scrapbook page, 3D - whatever we want! The last two weeks I have been featuring the Magnolia Lane suite:
This was a suite that I saw at our last OnStage in April, and I had to have. In person, it is stunning! I had an online class prepped using this bundle, and I wanted to share one of my favourites from the class with you:
The stamps in this set call for colouring with the blends! To make this card:
- Cut a Mossy Meadow card base to 4 ¼“ x 11“. Score at 5 ½““ and fold on the score line to create a 4 ¼“ x 5 ½“ card base. Use the scalloped die in the Magnolia Memory Dies, and cut as close to the edge of the front of the card as possible.
- Cut a piece of Thick White cardstock to 4“ x 5 ¼“. Use the scalloped die and place the corner approx. 4 ½“ from the top. Run the die cut piece through using the Subtle Embossing Folder. Adhere using tear & tape or snail adhesive as shown.
- Using Memento Black ink, ink and stamp the small magnolia stamp on the Thick White cardstock. Stamp Thinking of You in Memento Black ink below the magnolia. Allow to dry for a moment. Die cut using the Magnolia Memory Dies.
- Start colouring using the Petal Pink blends. Start with the light Petal Pink and add colour on the back of the petals and on any seam/shadow. Add the Dark Petal Pink in the centre of the light to add depth. Blend the light and the dark to smooth it out by adding the Light Petal Pink over top. TIP: Work in small areas at a time for best results.
- Colour the branch using the Crumb Cake blends starting with the light, highlighting with the dark, and blending with the light.
- Colour the leaves, one at a time, using the Mossy Meadow blends, starting with the light, highlighting the veins with the dark, and blending with the light. Adhere to the card base using Tear & Tape or Snail Adhesive. Tie a piece of the twine to the card base, wrapping it around the base 3 times.
- Die cut a piece of Petal Pink cardstock using the Nested Stitched Labels dies (use the die that cuts a piece that is approx. 2 1/8“ long). Stamp Thinking of You using Versamark Ink. Sprinkle on gold embossing powder, and heat set. Adhere the sentiment using dimensionals.
- Add the gold metallic pearls as shown.
If you are live in Canada, and you are looking for supplies for this card, click on the product links below the blog hop list. Now, make sure you stop by and visit the rest of the blogs on the hop!
Want more of the Good Morning Magnolia? Check out my Class to Go! There are three options to choose from! Registration ends September 14th. Check them out:
I am so excited to announce that I will be running the Card Cafe class at Shop & Play Cafe again this fall! The next date is September 19th. Registration is limited so don't delay. Find more information and register online at https://stampandcreatewithlisa.net/collections/all-products/products/card-cafe-september-19th-2019
I have a new class to announce! Fab Fun Friday Cards is now here! The first class with be September 20th at Shop & Play Cafe in Kingston. Register online at https://stampandcreatewithlisa.net/collections/all-products/products/fab-fun-friday-cards-at-shop-play-cafe-september-20th-2019
Join me on Wednesday’s at 3:00pm for a Facebook live at www.facebook.com/stampandcreatewithlisa
Are you registered for next month's scrapbooking class on September 26th? There are 2 time slots available, 1:30-4:30 and 6-10pm. Register now by email to email@example.com! Registration ends on September 20th. Find out more info at https://www.facebook.com/events/899151540275248/
Are you registered for next month's card class on September 26th? There are 2 time slots available, 1:30-4:30 and 6-10pm. Don't delay, register now by email to firstname.lastname@example.org! Registration ends on September 20th. Find out more info at https://www.facebook.com/events/137666040240662
Paper Pumpkin is Stampin' Up!'s monthly subscription club! These kits are always amazing, and seem to only get better each month! Go to https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-ca/sign-up/?demoid=2099167 to order today or to find out more information!
Need a weekend full of crafting and free of responsibility? Join us for our upcoming weekend retreat at the Four Points Sheraton in Kingston! For more information, go to https://stampandcreatewithlisa.net/collections/all-products/products/fall-2019-retreat
Need 12 hours of crafting? Come join us for our upcoming crop at St. Lawrence College Kingston while we raise funds for Breast Cancer Action Kingston. Register online at https://stampandcreatewithlisa.net/collections/all-products/products/crop-kingston-september-2019-crop