I apologize that it's been two weeks! Life got a little insane and I couldn't keep up! It was exam time at work and add that to my already hectic schedule, and a few mishaps--blog writing definitely took a back burner for a few weeks, and I am sorry for that! I've actually been missing it!
But, today I am back, and it is Make It Monday! The card I have for you today is one we did for one of the Blends Club cards. This was actually a case that I changed up a bit--but I can't find the original to give credit, so if it's yours please let me know!
I don't do 5x5 cards often anymore as it can be difficult to get envelopes, but I really loved this one! There may be more in my future!
To make this card:
1. Take a 5x10" piece of Crumb Cake cardstock, and score at 5" (to make a 5x5" card base).
2. Take a 4.5 x 4.5 piece of Whipser White cardstock, and stamp the hardwood background stamp in Crumb Cake. Ink the edges using a sponge (I like to cut the Stampin' Sponges into 6 triangles to get more from them!) and the crumb cake ink. Stamp Always & Forever multiple times using the Early Espresso ink. Set aside.
3. On a scrap piece of White, Stamp the two tree trunks from the Always & Forever stamp set in Memento. Colour using the Stampin' Blends, and cut out using the snips.
4. Stamp Mr. & Mrs. in Early Espresso on a piece of Whisper White made into a banner that is approx. 1" x 3"
5. Begin assembling. First wrap the burlap around the card and adhere (I like to cheat and wrap just the edges over the side to save time and materials!. Next add the card front to the base. Adhere the tree trunks and adhere. Adhere the banner on top using Dimensionals.
And that's it!
Have a great day and I will see you tomorrow!