Happy Monday! Today I am getting ready to hear to Orlando Florida for Stampin' Up!'s 30th Birthday Party! I can't wait to see my friends, relax (yes, even "conferences" can be relaxing!), be spoiled from Stampin' Up! (they are amazing!), and see the upcoming Occasions Catalog!
Today I have a card that I made at our last weekend retreat to share. This one uses the beautiful First Frost bundle along with the Frosted Florals Designer Series Paper. I hate to say it, but you NEED it ALL. It is gorgeous! And it's use goes so beyond Christmas!
This is what the bundle looks like. The stamps use Stampin' Up!'s new distinktive technology that allows for a layered look with just one stamp. I love it!
And this is the Frosted Floral Designer Series Paper. This paper is so incredibly gorgeous and shimmery in real life. Everyone that sees it falls in love!
And now, for the main event, the card:
To Make This Card:
1. Take a piece of Night of Navy Cardstock. Cut to 4 1/4" x 11". Score a line 2 3/4" from each end and fold to create a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".
2. Cut two piece of the thistle paper from the Frosted Florals Designer Series Paper to 2 1/2" x 4" (and take a few minutes to move it in the light to see it glimmer!). Adhere to the front panels of the card. Cut a piece of Shimmer White cardstock to 4" x 5 1/4" and stamp a thistle in the corner -- use the Mossy Meadow and Night of Navy Stampin' Write markers to ink the stamp. Adhere the stamped panel to the inside of the card.
3. Punch the following: 2 1/4" Circle from Night of Navy Cardstock, 2" Circle from Shimmery White Cardstock, 1 3/4" Circle from Vellum, 2 Sprigs from Vellum and 2 Sprigs from Mossy Meadow Cardstock. On the Shimmer White cardstock, stamp the stick with the blue leaves (use the Night of Navy and Merry Merlot Stampin' White markers to ink the stamp). Stamp the sentiment on the vellum using versamark and silver embossing powder, heat setting the powder. Adhere the vellum circle to the stamped Shimmery White circle by using fine tip glue behind the sentiment. Adhere the stack to the Night of Navy circle.
4. Take the punched sprig pieces and attach to the back of the stacked circles being careful to cover all the adhesive with paper (if you need to, punch another circle from your scraps to cover the adhesive up). Adhere to one of the gatefold flaps on the card base by putting dimensionals on ONE side only of the stacked circles.
5. Add the metallic pearls (hint: use our new Take Your Pick Tool to make it easier!
The October host code is here! Place an order of $60.00 or more (before shipping and taxes) at www.lisahenderson.stampinup.net using the host code WZC4VCRA in the month of October, and you can earn 5 FREE handmade cards, an approximate value of $25.00! Please note that this offer is not valid in combination with any other offer. Cards will ship separate, at the end of October.
Join me on Wednesday’s at 3pm for a Facebook live at www.facebook.com/stampandcreatewithlisa
Are you registered for this month's scrapbooking class on November 22nd? There are 2 time slots available, 1:30-4:30 and 6-10pm. Register now by email to email@example.com! Registration ends on November 19th. Find out more info at https://www.facebook.com/events/899151540275248/
Are you registered for this month's card class on November 22nd? There are 2 time slots available, 1:30-4:30 and 6-10pm. Don't delay, register now by email to firstname.lastname@example.org! Registration ends on November 19th. Find out more info at https://www.facebook.com/events/137666040240662
Are you registered for our November 24th crop? Registration closes on November 7th! Find out more info at https://stampandcreatewithlisa.net/collections/all-products/products/crop-kingston-november-2018-crop
Registration is open for our next winter retreat! Come join us at the Four Points Sheraton in Kingston for a weekend of Crafty Fun!!! Go to https://stampandcreatewithlisa.net/collections/all-products/products/winter-2019-retreat for more details!
Prefer kits? Subscribe to paper pumpkin, Stampin’ Up!’s monthly kit today—the Christmas one is ALWAYS my favourite! Go to https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-ca/sign-up/?demoid=2099167 to sign up before November 10th!