I hope you had a great weekend! We did! We celebrated some birthdays for Bentley's friends (we unfortunately didn't make it to the one party--someone was overtired and needed a nap), and went to see Erth's Dinosaurs at the Grand Theatre in Kingston. Lots of fun!
Today I have a card that we are making at this weeks card class. Next to masculine cards, teens are one of the more difficult ones to make cards for. But with the Epic Celebration stampset, it's easy to do both!
I had seen a card by Genevieve Ko that had coloured parts of the sneaker white which makes it look like converse, so I set out on a mission to do that myself. I tried the Chalk Marker, but mines older and didn't work that great. But then I realized that there is a white pencil crayon in the Watercolour Pencils--and problem solved! There's no need to watercolour it, just colour as you would with a regular coloured pencil.
My team and I just held a shoebox swap and this was my contribution. I'll be back on Wednesday to show you the amazing designs they came up with!
Here's how to make it:
1. Cut the Thick Whisper White paper to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2". Score at 4 1/4" (You're final card should be 4 1/4 x 5 1/2".
2. Stamp the shoes in Memento Ink on the Pool Party cardstock. Punch out using the 2 1/4" Circle Punch. Colour the white parts (shoe laces, sole, and toe) using the white watercolour pencil. Colour the rest of the shoes using the Bermuda Bay Stampin' Write Marker.
3. Punch the Bermuda Bay cardstock using the 2" Circle Punch. Run through the Big Shot using the Simple Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Punch out a 1 3/4" Circle from the Confetti Paper in the Picture Perfect Party Designer Series Paper 6x6 Pack.
4. Stamp Happy Birthday on a 1/2" wide strip using Memento Black ink. Cut the notch in the end to make a banner.
5. Adhere the Bermuda Bay and confetti circles using the Tear & Tape. Adhere the banner and the stamped circle using dimensionals.
And that's it! If you want to make this card, make sure you sign up to join my card class, this Thursday, January 25th, from 1:30-4:30 or 6-10pm (whatever time is more convenient for you!). To sign up, email me here.
Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com